Institute of Linguistics and Psychology of Kyiv International University provides training of specialists in: philology (English, translation).
Translator of two foreign languages, translator-interpreter
- Specialization «Translation of legal discourse»
- Specialization «Scientific and technical translation»
- Specialization «Transfer media speech»
- Specialization «Economic translation and business topics»
Extensive professional knowledge of the specialty is formed of the following subjects:
- Fundamentals of Informatics and Applied Linguistics;
- History of Foreign Literature;
- Modern Foreign Literature;
- Introduction to Translation Study;
- Introduction to Linguistics;
- General Translation Theory;
- Fundamentals of Scientific Research in Linguistics;
- History of the first foreign language;
- History of Translation;
- Comparative Lexicology of the Ukrainian and English Languages;
- Stylistics of the first foreign language;
- Practical and comparative grammar of the first foreign language;
- Practice of oral and written language of the first foreign language;
- Practical Course of the first foreign language;
- Practical Phonetics of the first foreign language;
- Practical Translation Course from of the first foreign language;
- Practical grammar and phonetics of a second foreign language;
- Practice of oral and written language of a second foreign language;
- Lingual Country Study of the second foreign language;
- General Theoretical Course of the second foreign language;
- Practical Translation Course from the second foreign language.
- Language laboratories: B.E.S.T. Club, Espanol, German, French, Spanish, Centre of Arabic language learning, studio art translation.
- Scientific groups: style and interpretation; theoretical basics of adequate translation; lexico-grammatical features of translation of texts, which belong to different functional styles of language.
After a full academic course a specialist in philology may hold the following positions:
- translator and interpreter;
- translator of scientific and technical literature;
- head of editorial office;
- head of travelling and tours offices;
- lecturer of public speaking in the press, on radio and television;
- professionals in the field of philology and linguistics;
- research worker in translation, philology, linguistics;
- consultant in public communications;
- consultant in administrative organizations, embassies, companies and firms, information and advertising agencies.