Institute of International Relations of Kyiv International University provides training of specialists in: law.
- Specialization «Public law»
- Specialization «Private law»
- Specialization «Administrative and financial law»
Disciplines of the general training cycle:
- Problems of the Law Knowledge Methodology;
- Philosophy of law;
- Rule of Law;
- Actual problems of the theory of state and law;
- Organization and Implementation of Scientific Research;
- Theory and Practice of Higher Education;
- Current Issues in Financial Law;
- Current Issues in Criminal Law.
Disciplines of the cycle of vocational training:
- Mutual legal assistance of States;
- Standards of protection of human rights;
- Recent issues of legal security of society and personal security;
- Activities of Justice of Ukraine;
- Comparative Study of Legal Cultures;
- Current Issues in Civil Law;
- Current Issues in Administrative Law;
- Current Issues in Tax Law;
- Intellectual Property Law;
- Current Issues in Administrative Legal Proceedings;
- Current Issues in Information Law.
Extensive professional knowledge of the specialty is formed of the following subjects:
Basics of Roman civil law, Theory of State and Law, Commercial Procedure Law, Notary of Ukraine, constitutional law, freedoms and duties of citizens, securities, regulation of property relations, land law, housing law, banking law, stock-market law, administrative law, the legal framework of business, the legal framework of investment, intellectual property right, competition law and antitrust legislation, financial law, customs law of Ukraine, European tax law, regulation of currency and credit operations, associations in Ukraine, management in the administrative-political sphere, the legal activities of executive bodies, state building and governance in Ukraine, criminalistics, Criminal Procedure Law, topical problems of criminal law to combat crime in the sphere of economic activity, proof theory, advocacy of Ukraine, court and law enforcement agencies, advocateship of Ukraine, legal deontology, transnational crime etc.
After a full academic course a specialist in Law is prepared to work with:
- legal services (consulting, expert appraisal);
- preventing, investigating crimes and sentencing for committed crimes;
- Initial analytical work and implementation of special activities related to the application of knowledge in the field of national law;
- strengthening of social protection of citizens;
- legal disputes resolution.
After a full academic course a specialist in law may hold the following positions:
- criminal investigator;
May work in:
- local authorities;
- state structures and institutions (state administration, departments of relevant ministries etc.);
- commercial firms;
- district courts, prosecutor's office;
- higher educational institutions that train specialists in law.