Educational process is provided by the departments of
General Medicine та Disciplines and Nursing.
Features of educational program "Nursing": training of highly professional clinically oriented specialists in nursing by acquiring a high level of knowledge and practical skills in providing pre-medical, treatment and preventive care to the population, first aid for acute diseases and accidents in accordance with clinical protocols. The program provides in-depth knowledge of the organization and management of nursing units of health care facilities through the prism of nursing diagnostic process, namely nursing examination, nursing diagnosis, planning of nursing interventions, implementation of nursing interventions and evaluation of results. Training of practice-oriented specialists in nursing of a new formation, able to actively and effectively use the acquired knowledge, think critically and analytically, effectively manage resources and work in accordance with the principles of patient safety.
List of educational and professional program components
Disciplines of general training cycle (syllabuses):
- History and culture of Ukraine
- Ukrainian (professionally-oriented)
- Foreign language
- Medical chemistry
- Medical and biological physics
- Basics of Latin with medical terminology
- Human anatomy
- Biological chemistry
- Pharmacology and medical prescription
- Patomorphology and pathophysiology
Disciplines of the cycle of professional training (syllabuses):
- Basics of nursing
- Basics of monitoring and care of patients
- Nursing in internal medicine (Part 1, 2)
- Nursing in pediatrics (Part 1, 2)
- Nursing in surgery (Part 1, 2)
- Labor protection and labor protection in the field
- Social medicine and health care organization
- Basics of preventive medicine
- Nursing in obstetrics and gynecology
- Nursing in caner medicine and palliative medicine
- Nursing in family medicine
- Medical and social rehabilitation
- Anesthesiology and resuscitation science
- Examination and assessment of human health
- Health economics. Marketing of medical services
- Medical and pharmaceutical commodity science
- Management and leadership in nursing
- Clinical nursing in pediatrics
- Clinical nursing in surgery
- Clinical nursing in internal medicine
- Clinical nursing in occupational pathology
- Military medical training and emergency medicine
* The list of optional educational components is reviewed annually and reflected in the work curricula.
Elective disciplines (syllabuses):
- Medical biology
- Hygiene and ecology
- History of medicine and nursing
- Medical informatics
- Information technologies in nursing
- Public Health and Public Nursing
- Bioethics and biosafety
- Basics of nutrition of young children
- Legal science
- Nurses' rights
- Communication training
- Mental health
- Growth and human development
- Nursing ethics and deontology
- Sociology and medical sociology
- Reproductive health and family planning
- Medical conflictology
- Nursing in ophthalmology
- Nursing in neurology
- Basics of research in nursing
- Laboratory diagnostics
- Immunoprophylaxis of infectious diseases
- Nursing in otorhinolaryngology
- Nursing in psychiatry and addiction medicine
- Nursing in dermatology and venereology
- Nursing in gerontology and geriatrics
- Ethical issues in medicine
- Basics of patent science
- Basics of homeopathy
- Basics of phytotherapy
- Modern methods of genetic diagnostics
- Fundamentals of insurance medicine
The educational process is carried out in specialized classrooms and laboratories.
Students receive practical training in:
- University Clinic
- Amosov National Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery
- City Doctor LLC
- Yuriy Prokopovych Spizhenko Medical Center LLC
- Subsidiary enterprise “Medical Scientific and Practical Association "Medbud" PJSC "Kyivmiskbud"
- Kyiv Regional Clinical Hospital
- Kyiv City Clinical Oncology Center
- Ukrainian Military Medical Academy
- Kyiv City Clinical Hospital №7
- Medical and preventative center of ICF "Promotion of medical development"
Practical training is carried out in accordance with the "Regulations on the procedure for conducting practical training of students of KyIU".
- Practical placement: Patient care. The purpose of the internship in patient care is to form in the student the basics of clinical thinking and professional competencies of examination of the patient, assessment of his health and the basics of observation and care based on the principles of medical ethics and deontology.
- Internship: Nursing practice. The purpose of the internship in nursing practice is to improve the skills and abilities of students in in patient departments, family medicine clinics, patient care; consolidation and deepening of theoretical knowledge in special clinical subjects; improvement of professional skills and abilities; implementation of differentiated care for patients with various diseases; preparation for future independent work.
- Occupational medical practice. The purpose of occupationial medical practice is to consolidate in practice the knowledge and skills acquired in the study of basic clinical and theoretical disciplines (examination of the patient, clinical diagnosis, treatment, prevention, medical examination) and further deepening and improving practical skills acquired in higher education, acquaintance with organization of medical work and working conditions of the doctor in the clinic and hospital, as well as consolidation of skills of sanitary-educational work.
- Practical training is carried out in the University Clinic, other clinical bases with which cooperation agreements have been concluded.
After a full course of study, graduates can work as:
- organization of diagnostic and treatment process
- organization of the work of nursing departments
- qualification of care for patients in the health care centre
- organization of pre-medical care
- monitoring the work of medical staff to fulfill the prescriptions of doctors
- participation in the treatment process and preventive measures.