Institute of Journalism, Film and Television of Kyiv International University provides training of specialists in: journalism.
- Specialization «Print Media»
- Specialization «Internet journalism»
- Specialization «TV Journalistics»
- Specialization «Advertising and PR»
- Specialization «Media Business»
List of educational and professional program components
Disciplines of general training cycle:
- Current Issues of the Theory and History of Journalism;
- Theory and History of The Publishing Business and Editing;
- Teaching Methodology of Vocational Subjects;
- Methodology and Organization of Scientific Research;
- Copyright Law;
- Hermeneutics and Eristic;
- International Relations and Mass Media;
- Monitoring and Informational Models of Mass Media;
- World and Ukrainian Journalism Studies;
Disciplines of professional training cycle:
- Theory and History of Social Communications;
- Records Management and Archival Science;
- Social Science of Public Policy;
- Applied Social and Communication Technologies;
- Social Computer Sciences;
- Research Methodology of Social Communications;
- Information Policy in Ukraine.
The following forms of educational work are actively used in the Institute of Journalism:
- master-classes of leading journalists in Ukraine and abroad;
- scientific and practical conferences on the formation of national and global information space;
- practical works based on television companies (TV channel “Studio 1 +1", "New channel", "TRK Era", "K1");
- annual nationwide festival “Young TV ";
- creative contests on the best publishing, TV- and radio program, photo illustration.
- practical training at the Television Studio of KyIU;
Television studio is actively used in the vocational training of journalists. On its basis the students of the Institute prepare weekly TV-programs like "Student ID”, which are broadcast to all regional TV-channels in Ukraine.
Practical skills of journalism students also receive at the press center of KyIU, preparing operational information and analytical materials for various periodicals, including the all-Ukrainian socio-political newspaper "Post Scriptum +” issued by students of the Institute of Journalism, Film and Television.
Students of all courses are constantly involved in filming of various TV-programs.
After a full academic course a specialist in journalism may hold the following positions:
- literary editor;
- TV editor;
- studio editor;
- chief editor of creative association;
- head of press-centre;
- director of programs (radio, TV);
- press secretary;
- head of advertising and public relations department;
- proper correspondent;
- special correspondent;
- TV and radio presenter.