Institute of Linguistics and Psychology of Kyiv International University provides training of specialists in: Secondary education (English language).
Specialist in Secondary Education (English language)
List of educational and professional program components
Disciplines of general training cycle:
- General Linguistics;
- Comparative Typology of English and Ukrainian;
- Oral and Written Practice of the English Language;
- Pedagogical and Professional Psychology;
- Pedagogical Monitoring in the Educational System;
- Didactic Systems of Higher Education;
- Methodology of foreign language teaching;
- Methodology of world literature teaching;
- Methodology of educational work;
- Methodology and Research Study Management.
Disciplines of professional training cycle:
- Problems of Communicative Linguistics;
- Information Technologies in Education;
- Modern Literature and Language of Studied Countries;
- Theory of Literature;
- Topical Problems of the Germanic Philology;
- Cognitive and Discursive Linguistics;
- Pedagogical skill;
- Pedagogical Rhetoric;
- Modern Educational Technologies;
- Linguistic analysis of text;
- Language laboratories: B.E.S.T. Club, Espanol, German, French, Chinese, Japanese, Centre of Arabic language learning, studio art translation.
- Scientific groups: English Stylistics, country-studying of Great Britain and the USA, History of the English language, peculiarities of the American variant of English, English Lexicology, problems of Linguistics and Culture.
After a full academic course a specialist in linguistics may hold the following positions:
- the lecturer of higher educational institution;
- the lecturer of professional educational institution;
- teacher of secondary school;
- head of practice in the translation bureau;
- lecturer of public talks in the press, on radio and television;
- specialist in literature;
- editor, head of editorial office;
- literary editor;
- specialist in the field of Philology and Linguistics;
- specialist in Literature;
- scientific co-worker (methodology, philology, linguistics);
- consultant in the field of public communications;
- consultant in administrative organizations, embassies and consulates, companies and firms, information and advertising agencies.