Kyiv International University
Founded in the year 1994
License of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine АE № 527275 dated 01.10.14
Kyiv International University is a higher educational institution of the IV accreditation level founded in 1994. Till 2002 its name was International Institute of Linguistics and Law.
President of Kyiv International University – Candidate of Sciences (Philology), Professor Khachatur V. Khachaturyan.Nowadays the following Institutes function at the University:
- International Relations Institute (International relations, social communication and regional studies; Politology; Tourism);
- Institute of Linguistics and Psychology (Philology (English); Psychology; Education sciences; Secondary education (English));
- Institute of Law (International Law; Law);
- Institute of Journalism (Journalism);
- Institute of Television, Cinema and Theatre (Audiovisual arts and production; Performing Arts);
- Faculty of Economics (International Economic Relations; Business, trade and exchange activities; Economics; Finance, banking and insurance; Management; Public managment and administraton);
- Faculty of Building, Architecture and Information Technology (Building and civil engineering; Architecture and town planning; Computer Sciences and information technologies);
- Medical and Pharmaceutical Faculty (Pharmacy);
- Stomatological Faculty (Dentistry).
Specialists are trained according to three educational levels: Bachelor, Master; programs of a second higher education have also been functioning (Specialist).The structure of the University consists of:
- 21 Departments
- Students' Parliament
- Military Training Department
- Career Planning Centre
- UNESCO Club
- Centre of International and Public Relations
- Electronic laboratory and computer classes
- Moot Court Room
- Educational TV studio
- Specialized language study rooms
- Language laboratories
- Publishing centre
- Library and reading room (with funds of 140,000 exemplars)
- Supply divisions and sub-divisions
Today the academic staff of KIU includes 65 Doctors of Sciences, Professors, 148 Candidates of Sciences, Associate Professors. The total number of teachers with scientific degrees is nearly 90 %. The specificity of KIU: trains specialists (international lawyers, international economists, international relations specialists, teachers, journalists, psychologists, workers of social sphere, political analysts, translators, teachers), who will be able to represent the interests of Ukraine abroad including Oriental countries. That's why a great attention is paid to studying foreign languages: among 24 languages are taught at KIU there are European languages as well as languages of the Far and Middle East and Middle-Asian region. East European and Scandinavian languages are a part of the immediate future of linguistic training.
Appropriate level of training is provided first of all owing to the qualified management of educational process, staff policy of the University, original curricula, sufficient studying of two-three foreign languages, qualified academic staff.
Our students were victorious at Ukrainian and International Competitions. During 2001–2012 the KIU teams became the winners of the National Rounds of International competitions named after Telders and Jessup, International students moot court competitions named after Martens. During the international round among European countries (in Hague, the Netherlands) our team won the second place and became one of the best teams of this competition.
The students of KIU win competitions in international law, constitutional law, and foreign languages. They make reports at conferences.
The University publishes it’s our own newspaper, various creative groups of students carry out their research programs.
The priority of KIU activity is a research work of students and academic staff. Annually students' and teachers' scientific conferences are held which have acquired the international status; authors' methods and new technologies of studies are worked out and applied.
One of the most important directions of the KIU activity is to organize the Pre-University courses for schoolchildren to train qualified university applicants. The Faculty of Pre-University Training and regional courses function in cooperation with secondary schools on the basis of KIU.
On the initiative of KIU supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine annual Olympiads for school students are held.
The international status of the University and its main aims are the basis of the program of international and public relations of KIU. In the framework of the program different kinds of international cooperation are carried out: creative contacts with embassies of different countries are established, cooperation with international organizations, funds is conducted, foreign specialists are involved into the educational process, the organization of training abroad in correspondent organizations is carried out. University UNESCO club, educational and cultural program «Ukraine and World», cooperation with the National commission of UNESCO, the British Council, the American House of the USA Embassy to Ukraine, the Egyptian Fund of Technical Cooperation, European Association of International Education, the Centre of information and documentation of NATO in Ukraine actively contribute to this program.
Nowadays KIU has nearly 6000 students.